South South Youth Leaders Forum Communique after its Congress Meeting in Calabar The Cross Rivers State Capital, on Monday the 26th of April 2010
After a careful consideration of the State of the Nation as well as the Niger Delta, we are constrained to raise the following resolutions;
1. That all youths in the Niger Delta, especially Youth Leaders are expected to rise up to the challenge of supporting the various CONTRACTORS embarking on various projects in the Niger Delta to ensure speedy and timely completion of all the projects in the region, as this shall necessitate the upgrade of existing projects as well as award of new projects in the region. We can not hold anybody responsible if we fail to capitalise on the advantage of ongoing projects to call for more.
2. That the Hon. Minister of the Ministry of Niger Delta Affairs, should with out delay, fear, favour, or bias, immediately REVIEW the contract of SETRACO NIGERIA LTD, with the view of drastically reducing the SIZE of their CONTRACT, as it is obvious that SETRACO does not have the interest of Niger Delta, sequel to the gross delay and incompetence that has been demonstrated at the EAST WEST ROAD, it will be in the interest of Niger Delta if the JOBS given to SETRACO can be distributed to other credible and reliable firms for fast Development.
3. That we are well encouraged by the speed and progress of work at the various Power Project sites of ROSKIN ENGENEERING, we also commend the various communities where these Projects are sited. We further appeal to them to give in their best and ensure the swift completion of those project, as it will not only ensure the approval of more power projects in the Niger Delta, but will also actualize the dream of the Ag. President who is bent on commissioning all Power Projects within the shortest possible time.
Finally we call on Leaders at all levels within the Niger Delta, to consider all ongoing projects within the region as their own, as to sentimentally protect them and consciously take steps to PRESSURE or SURPPORT contractors to complete their contracts.
Barr, Amachree Odiedim. Chairman South South Youth Leaders Forum.
To make the Niger Delta melting pot for truly indigenous, industrial and technological advancement and Sustainable Local Wealth Creation. Strategic Project Benefit to the Region. Read more
-Comunique (Edo State. Sunday 12th June, 2010)
-Comunique (Calabar. Cross Rivers State.29th April, 2010)
- Comunique (Calabar. Cross Rivers State.11th June, 2010)
- Obasanjo, Stop the killing of our people
Tell your friend about this website